[click on the item you wish to view and to place in the shopping cart]
How to find the correct slide:
There often is a number stamped on the back of the slide which will indicate the size slide you need.
To determine slide size, measure the closed teeth width in millimeters. 5mm =#5 10mm = #10, etc.
Don't know what type of tooth your zipper is? for help, click here
HOW TO CHANGE A SLIDE ON BOTTOM SEPARATING ZIPPERS
***These directions only relate to the half of the zipper chain on which the slide is found. i.e. the side with the retainer box.
For plastic zipper chain:
1) Cut off the plastic top stop by using the zipper shortening tool or other tool that would be able to cut the plastic top stop off.
Be careful not to damage the zipper tape (cloth).
2)Replace the old slide with the new slide.
3) Crimp a metal top stop onto the tape, as close to the top tooth as possible, again using the zipper shortening tool or pliers.
Note: We carry replacement metal top stops in black, brass/gold, antique brass, silver/nickel, found in the above links.
For metal zipper chain:
1) Using the zipper shortening tool found on our website, or another tool, yank off the metal top stop without damaging the zipper tape (cloth).
2) Replace the old slide with the new.
3) Crimp on a new top stop or try reusing the old one. Place the top stop as close to the top tooth as possible. This too can be done by using the zipper shortening tool.
Note: We also carry replacement top stops in black, antique brass, gold/brass & silver/nickel, found in the above links